Press "Enter" to skip to content

Fire in ‘Ele‘ele causes $50,000 in damage

‘ELE‘ELE — A fire late Monday night caused roughly $50,000 in damage at a Chinese restaurant in the ‘Ele‘ele Shopping Center, the Kaua‘i Fire Department said.

First responders were dispatched to the fire at No. 1 Chinese and BBQ restaurant at approximately 11:20 p.m.

“Upon arrival, police on-scene reported seeing smoke and flames in the kitchen area. Firefighters used forcible entry to access the interior of the structure,” the fire department said in a statement on Tuesday.

“Once inside, they located a commercial kitchen stove and hood on fire, and quickly extinguished the flames.”

Firefighters also checked the attic of the building for additional signs of fire, but found none. The structure was later ventilated with fans and the power was shut off.

No occupants were in the building at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported. Several stations responded.
Source: The Garden Island

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply