LIHU‘E — The Kaua‘i High School boys and the Kapa‘a High School girls continued their winning ways following three weeks of Kaua‘i Interscholastic Federation bowling at Kaua‘i Bowl in the Rice Shopping Center.
Led by Kaikoa Carvalho-Ki‘ilau rolling 200-plus games, the Red Raider boys topped the scoring with a 2,766 pinfall and earned three points for Match 3 that rolled Thursday at the newly-renovated bowling alley.
Jericho Gudoy and Richard Palacio were consistent for the Waimea High School boys, who finished with a 1,932 pinfall and two points in their chase of the Raider boys. Kapa‘a boys was led by Anucha Kawamura toward the Warriors’ 1,605 pinfall and one point.
Kapa‘a’s Skye Tadani remained the sole female to roll a 200 game and lead the Lady Warrior keglers to a 2,270 pinfall and three points. Waimea girls, led by Irish Oriente, finished second with an 1,841 pinfall and two points. Kaua‘i High School girls finished third with a 1,689 pinfall and one point.
Two more weeks remain in the KIF bowling season. The next KIF bowling match takes place Thursday, when the first balls roll starting at 4 p.m.
The Hawai‘i High School Athletic Association Billy Tees Bowling 2022 Championships take place Oct. 27 and 28 at Leeward Bowl on O‘ahu.
• Kapa‘a boys: Aaden Aquias (110- -106), Cheyne Carillo (-108-69), Anucha Kawamura (131-128-133), Jeffrey Montemayor (-63-), Colten Nagahisa (93- -90), Kalahikiola Velasco (108-112-), Kia‘aina Velasco (129-127-98).
• Waimea boys: Jericho Gudoy (174-180-169), Enoka Mose (93- -102sub), Richard Palacio (161-170-131), Ralph Punzalan (95- -), Connor Purisima (-117-106), Kymane Sagawa-Pananganan (110-112-123), Tyren Sasil (-89-).
• Kaua‘i boys: Kaikoa Carvalho-Ki‘ilau (223-204-202), Sage Cua (-150-221), Aaron Juliano (191-165-), Raiden Ragasa (160- -122), Trestyn Reis (-217-159), Kyllie Sasaki (180- -182), Shayne Shibuya (202-188-).
• Kaua‘i girls: Althea Ballesteros (77- -87), Kaori Koerte (107-116-124), Mikayla Pacheco-Villanueva (86-177-171), Mackenzye Palalay-Mariano (120-138-117), Mikaelah Ragus-Valmoja (-104-91), Anna Valdez (94-80-).
• Kapa‘a girls: Keahilani Bacon (152-133-133), Kailee Gorospe (134-144-131), Jennifer Hayakawa (178-197-163), Anjoelina Miyashiro-Catbagan (- -85), Skye Tadani (150-159-208), Rian Yamamoto (173-130-).
• Waimea girls: Andrelyn Acoba (86-103-sub), Erich Borbos (163-139-149), Ekena Mose (- -76sub), Irish Oriente (183-148-138), Schasie Sasil (83- -), Elizabeth Toki (116-119-81sub), Cresa Valenciano (-132-119).
Dennis Fujimoto, staff writer and photographer, can be reached at 808-245-0453 or email@example.com.
Source: The Garden Island
Be First to Comment