WAIMEA — This week, there will be cleaning and clearing of guardrails from Waimea to Makaweli, the state Department of Transporation said.
Because of that, a right-lane closure of Kaumuali‘i Highway is possible in either direction between mile markers 20.6 (Kaumakani Avenue) and 22.5 (Ala Wai Road), from Monday to Friday, April 4 to April 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
County and state road work is weather permitting ith dates and times subject to change.
• Certain roads in Kalaheo will be closed from Monday to Monday, April 4 to 11, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., according to the county Department of Public Works and its contractor Maui Kupono Builders. Resurfacing work will take place on Lolo, Niho, Nanakai and Waha roads. No parking is allowed in the work zones. For more information, contact Maui Kupono Builders at 808-369-1800 or Todd Ozaki at the County of Kaua‘i at 808-241-4845;
• A right-shoulder closure and narrowed lanes of Kuhio Highway in the southbound direction between mile markers 5.7 and 6.7, in the vicinity of Leho Drive and Kapa‘a bypass road, takes place Monday through Friday, April 4 to 8, from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., for road and shoulder work;
• Portions of Mailihuna Road will be closed from Monday through Friday, April 4 to 8, from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Kolohala Road will also experience a full road closure from Monday, April 4 to Wednesday, April 20. Only local traffic will be permitted through during those times, according to the DPW and Grace Pacific LLC. The makai driveway to Kapa‘a High School’s athletic field may also experience temporary closures. These closures are necessary for sidewalk construction, curb and gutter construction, roadway excavation and roadway paving. For more information, contact Braeden Armstrong of Grace Pacific, 808-354-7651;
• A single-lane closure and lane shift of Kuhio Highway is possible in either direction between mile markers 6.6 and 7.8, Papaloa Road and Kipuni Place, on Monday evening, April 4 through Friday morning, April 8, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., for road maintenance work. Southbound traffic will be shifted into one of the northbound lanes. Northbound traffic will be merged into one lane;
• A single-lane closure of Kuhio Highway is possible in either direction between mile markers 7.1 and 7.6, Aleka Loop and Ala Road, on Tuesday, April 5 through Friday, April 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., for striping work;
• A right-lane closure on Kuhio Highway in the southbound direction between mile markers 26.5 and 27.5, Anini Vista Drive and Kapaka Street, takes place Monday through Friday, April 4 to 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., for tree cutting;
• A right-lane closure on Kuhio Highway in the northbound direction between mile markers 1.2 and 2.4, Ohiki Road and Aku Road, takes place Monday through Friday, April 4 to 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., for drainage-clearing work.
Source: The Garden Island