KEKAHA – The Department of Public Works is announcing that portions of Kekaha will be closed from Sept. 23 to Oct. 1 to allow Maui Kupono Builders to conduct road reconstruction work from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., weather permitting.
The locations and dates of construction are as follows:
• Sept. 23 on Kamao Place, Puahiohi Place, and Kaniaulono Place;
• Sept. 24 on Ho‘omua Road and Elepaio Road;
• Sept. 25 on Ulili Road and Akeke Road;
• Sept. 28 on Akeke Road and Akeke Place;
• Sept. 29 on Ulili Road and Elepaio Road;
• Sept. 30 on Ho‘omua Road Amakihi Road; and
• Oct. 1 on Amakihi Road and Elepaio Road
One lane of alternating traffic will be maintained. Flaggers will be positioned to assist motorists during these closures.
Please make the appropriate arrangements to accommodate the necessary road closures, use alternate routes, and allow for extra time to get to destinations.
Anyone with questions may contact Maui Kupono Builders at 808-369-1800 or the County of Kaua‘i Roads Division at 241-4847.
Source: The Garden Island