HONOLULU — The Kaua‘i Interscholastic Federation girls track and field teams from Kaua‘i and lsland School finished the Island Movers Hawai‘i High School Athletic Association state track and field competition tied for 23rd place with each school credited with two points.
The Kapa‘a High School girls team finished tied for 25th place with Kalaheo, Sacred Hearts Academy, Kamehameha-Maui, Kea‘au and Castle high schools at the meet held at the Kamehameha Schools, Kapalama campus and wrapped up Saturday.
Punahou Schools finished sweeping both the boys and girls teams, the wahine collecting 105 points and the boys finishing with 73 points.
Kaua‘i High School boys, led by Ethan Smith finishing fourth in the high jump on a six-foot leap, ended with four points for a tie with Kamehameha-Hawai‘i and Kahuku High School in 25th place.
Following is a recap of KIF athletes in the finals of the state meet:.
Information from sportshigh.com.
KIF state finals results
Girls long jump
13. Ella Offley (IS) 15 feet, 00.25 inches
17. Kanoe Haneberg (Kap) 14 feet, 7.25 inches
23. Kianalei Kamalani (IS) 13 feet, 08.75 inches
Boys triple jump
16. Dominic Agrade (Kap) 38 feet, 5.25 inches
17. Nash Graham (Kap) 38 feet, 3.75 inches
20. Ethan Smith (Kau) 37 feet, 10.50 inches
22. Vilbert Oligo (Kau) 37 feet, 8.25 inches
Boys high jump
4. Ethan Smith (Kau) 6 feet
Girls 100-meter hurdles
6. Kanoe Haneberg (Kap), 17.21 seconds
Boys 110-meter hurdles
8. Kala Velasco (Kap) 17.07 seconds
Girls 1,500-meter run
5. Emma Burgess (Kau) 4 minutes, 59 seconds
Girls 3,000-meter run
9. Emma Burgess (Kau) 11 minutes, 23.96 seconds
21. Kamaira Silva (Kau) 11 minutes, 42.88 seconds
Boys 3,000-meter run
9. Brennen Corregedore (Kau) 9 minutes, 33.01 seconds
Girls 4×400-meter relay
5. Island School (Ella Offley, Mia Laver, Sophie Carswell, Liliana DeSouza) 4 minutes, 9.13 seconds
Dennis Fujimoto, staff writer and photographer, can be reached at 245-0453 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: The Garden Island