KOLOA — The annual Koloa Plantation Days Parade is scheduled for Saturday, July 30, at 10 a.m.
To accommodate the event, the Kaua‘i Police Department will close off all streets along the parade route from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. During these road closures, The Kaua‘i Bus will not have service in the Koloa area.
Road closures will include:
• Po‘ipu Road (from the Old Cane Haul Road near Kiahuna Golf Course to Koloa Road);
• Koloa Road (from Ala Kalanikaumaka to Weliweli Road);
• Maluhia Road (from Koloa Road to Ala Kinoiki).
The Kaua‘i Bus temporary route changes include:
• No service at the Koloa telephone exchange, Koloa School, Kukui‘ula Store, Koloa post office and Koloa Neighborhood Center stops;
• The closest bus stop on the island’s southern portion for those wishing to travel to Po‘ipu is in Kalaheo;
Motorists wishing to access Po‘ipu and Koloa towns during that time may do so via Waila‘au Road or Ala Kinoiki, and Ala Kalanikaumaka.
In addition, on Sunday, July 31, Ho‘owili Road will be closed from 6 to 9 a.m. for the Kukui‘ula Outrigger Canoe Club fun run. During this time, Po‘ipu Beach Park can be accessed via Ho‘one Road by way of Pe‘e Road and Po‘ipu Road.
For more information about The Kaua‘i Bus, visit the county Transportation Agency website, kauai.gov/transportation, or call 808-246-8110.
For more information on the parade, visit koloaplantationdays.com.
Source: The Garden Island