LIHU‘E — Most county offices are closing to the public due to COVID-19 spread-prevention techniques.
Call individual divisions within county to check on current procedures. Payments, communications and other business are all being conducted via email and phone calls at most county offices.
Mail payments into their respective offices and check on the county website, kauai.gov, for information on how to contact various departments and divisions.
Additional changes include Housing Choice Voucher operations in the County Housing Agency:
• All HCV unit inspections will be suspended except for necessary move-in inspections for new tenants;
• The Section 8 window will remain lowered with only a two to three inch space at the bottom to receive documents;
• All clients are encouraged to mail in required documents rather than visit the CHA office. The mailing address for CHA is 4444 Rice St., Suite 330, Lihu‘e, HI 96766;
• Copies of essential documents will be accepted (originals can be provided at a later date);
• No in-office client consultations will take place. Staff will contact clients by phone to request additional documents or explain program requirements;
• All group briefings are canceled;
• Any HCV waitlist and HQS deadlines are extended to Wednesday, April 1, and may be subject to further extension.
Also effective immediately at Hale Kokua:
• Personal appointments for county and state Workforce Development Division are by appointment only: Workwise at 274-3056, Homeless Services Programs at 241-4427, and Life’s Choices at 241-4925 or 241-4926.
To view a copy of the emergency proclamation, see kauai.gov/KEMA.
For more information and to sign up for daily updates from the state Department of Health relating to current COVID-19 information, visit health.hawaii.gov/news/covid-19-updates/ or www.kauai.gov/COVID-19.
Source: The Garden Island