LIHU‘E — The County of Kaua‘i and state Department of Health Kaua‘i District Health Office said the free COVID-19 mobile testing van will no longer be available on weekends, and will shift to a Monday through Friday schedule starting June 27. While the days of service are changing, the mobile testing van will continue to serve original locations.
The shift was made to ensure adequate staffing coverage during the week.
“Due to our high case count, the CDC recently designated Kaua‘i a high-transmission county. In addition, Kaua‘i has recently experienced four COVID fatalities in the past month,” said Dr. Janet Berreman, DOH Kaua‘i District Health Office officer.
The mobile testing van schedule is canceled on June 25 and 26.
Starting June 27, the mobile testing van will be available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following locations:
• Mondays at Hanalei Neighborhood Center;
• Tuesdays at Kapa‘a’s Bryan J. Baptiste Sports Complex;
• Wednesdays at Kekaha Neighborhood Center;
• Thursdays at Kilauea Neighborhood Center;
• Fridays at Kalaheo Neighborhood Center.
Source: The Garden Island