Each year, the U.S. Small Business Administration honors the most outstanding small firms in Hawaii to recognize their achievements and highlight the importance of small companies to a vibrant local economy.
The Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce on Monday recognized the Hawaii County small business winners during a luncheon at the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel. This year’s awards were sponsored by First Hawaiian Bank.
The following were honored:
• State of Hawaii Small Business Advocate for Business and Industry: Mary Begier (Mary Begier Realty).
• County of Hawaii Small Business Person of the Year: Delwin Bothof (Volcano Winery).
• SBA Family Owned Small Business of the Year: Michael Nakashima (Rannikks Auto Specialists Inc.).
• County of Hawaii SBA Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Alfred R. Pacheco III (AP Construction LLC).
• County of Hawaii Small Business Advocate for Financial Services: Jacob Burrill (Jacob Burrill CPA).
• County of Hawaii Small Business Advocate for Innovation: Jim Wyban (Hawaii Island Business Plan Competition, or HIPlan).
• County of Hawaii Small Business Advocate for Business and Industry: Miles Yoshioka (Hawaii Island Chamber of Commerce).
Source: Hawaii Tribune Herald