St. Patrick’s Day celebrating kicks off this weekend on Kaua‘i, and the island’s organizations, eateries and residents are brushing off their green gear, perfecting that green beer and making a deal or two with the leprechauns for an appearance at one of the many events going on island-wide. From Pot of Gold parties to traditional Irish Feasts, there’s something for everyone looking to celebrate all the way through Tuesday, March 17.
Friday, March 13
• St. Patrick’s Pot of Gold Party: Nawiliwili Yacht Club, hosted by Rotary Club of Kauai. Begins at 5:30 p.m. Main dishes provided include corned beef and cabbage. Bring a side dish to share. Either green attire or green beer (the beer, not just the bottle) is required for entry.
• Dirk Debonaire and the Golden Nuggets: Live music at the Paniolo Grill, Kapaa. 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 14
• Luck of the Irish Supper: From at 5:30 p.m. Anaina Hou in Kilauea, hosted by Rotary Club of Hanalei. Dinner includes traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner served with carrots and potatoes, a fresh locally-grown salad, Irish Soda bread, and chocolate brownies adorned with lucky Irish shamrocks. Tickets: irishsupperkilauea.com
Tuesday, March 17
• Green Walk: 10 a.m. to Noon. Free, guided forest therapy experience that teaches the importance of exercise and the outdoors in relation to wellness. Tickets: eventbrite.com
• Kauai Beer Company: Green beer at the bar, themed-pupu on the tables. Chef Scott will also be making a traditional corned beef and cabbage plate. KBC will be debuting a new drink, too, the lactose-free No More Moo-Milk Stout.
• Rob’s Good Times Grill: Drink specials including $7 Irish mules, Car bombs and 0; corned beef and cabbage. Live music from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. featuring Saving Cadence, Candice & Co., and Dirk Debonaire.
• Tree’s Lounge: From 6:30 p.m. Live music featuring Tim Todd.
Source: The Garden Island