LIHU‘E — In observance of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday on Monday, there will be no daytime road work for either county or state road projects.
• Menehune Road is expected to remain fully closed for roughly three weeks, until the slope above the roadway can be stabilized and it is deemed safe for daily passing, according to the county. Contractors will continue to work seven days a week, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., until the slope is stabilized;
• The county Department of Public Works and contractor Maui Kupuno Builders announced that continued road-repaving work is scheduled from Tuesday through Friday, Jan. 18 to 21, along portions of ‘Oma‘o Road near the Kaumuali‘i Highway intersection. Lane closures and one-way traffic along ‘Oma‘o Road are planned from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ‘Oma‘o Road will be closed at Koloa Road to all northbound traffic. Only southbound traffic from Kaumuali‘i Highway will be allowed through the work zone. Anyone with questions or comments may contact Maui Kupono Builders at 808-369-1800 or Todd Ozaki at the County of Kaua‘i at 808-241-4845;
• A single-lane closure and narrowed lanes of Kuhio Highway in both directions between mile markers 5.6 and 6.7, in the vicinity of Leho Drive and the Kapa‘a bypass road, is on now through Friday morning, Jan. 21, from 8 p.m. to 5:30 a.m., for road and shoulder work;
• A single-lane closure of Kuhio Highway in the eastbound direction between mile markers 7.2 and 7.4, Kamoa Road and Ala Road, takews place Tuesday through Friday, Jan. 18 to 21, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., for pavement-striping work;
• Construction continues Tuesday, Jan. 18 and Wednesday, Jan. 19, on Kuhio Highway in the vicinity of Kapa‘a Safeway. the work includes pavement striping and installion of pavement markers. Hours of construction are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Lane closures will be necessary, but two-way traffic will be maintained. Anyone with questions or concerns may call Global Specialty Contractors, Inc. at 808-843-8881 or Chad Alcos at 808-756-5518;
• The Department of Public Works and Grace Pacific LLC announced that a portion of Mailihuna Road, near Kolohala and Kawaihau roads, will be closed from Tuesday through Friday, Jan. 18 to 21, from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with periodic one-lane closures for sidewalk construction and roadway-excavation work. A temporary traffic-detour route will be available through Kolohala and Hau‘a‘ala roads. Anyone with questions or concerns may contact Marie Poynter of Grace Pacific at 808-699-4654;
• A right-shoulder closure of Kuhio Highway in the westbound direction between mile markers 12.2 and 13, Kukuihale Road and Kamalomaloo Stream, is on now through Friday, Jan. 21, 24-hours-a-day, for shoulder work;
• A shoulder closure on Kuhio Highway in both directions near mile marker 23, Malulani Street and Kalihiwai Road, takes place Tuesday through Friday, Jan. 18 to Jan. 21, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., for road maintenance and vegetation clearing;
• A single-lane closure and lane shift on Kuhio Highway in both directions near mile marker 27, Kapaka Street and Ka Haku Road, is set for Tuesday through Friday, Jan. 18 to 21, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., for construction of the new Hanalei Valley viewpoint.
Source: The Garden Island
Be First to Comment