LIHU‘E — In an effort to improve service to the public, The Kaua‘i Bus has announced multiple significant changes to its islandwide mainline and shuttle routes starting Sunday, Feb. 7.
The public is advised to review the changes to the following bus stops and bus routes:
The following service lines will have an additional daily route:
• Route 100, Kekaha to Lihu‘e — new route at 9:15 p.m.;
• Route 400, Hanalei to Lihu‘e — new route at 9:15 p.m.;
• Route 200, Lihu‘e to Kekaha — new route at 7:25 p.m.;
• Route 500, Lihu‘e to Hanalei — new route at 7:25 p.m.
The following daily routes will be discontinued:
• Route 500, Lihu‘e to Hanalei — 6 a.m. route removed;
• Route 400, Hanalei to Lihu‘e — 7:45 a.m. route removed.
The following bus stops will be discontinued:
• PMRF on Route 100/200;
• Hartung Bros. (formerly Syngenta) on Route 100/200;
• Old Kekaha store on Route 200;
• Hale Kupuna Heritage Home on Route 30;
• Annie S. Knudsen Park (Koloa ball park) on Route 30;
• Kaua‘i War Memorial Convention Hall in Lihu‘e on Route 70;
• Across Pono Kai on Route 400;
• Coconut Market Place on Route 500.
Additionally, there are multiple significant changes to the following service routes and stops. Visit kauai.gov/transportation or call The Kaua‘i Bus at 246-8110 for complete details on these changes.
Adjusted stops and service follow:
• Kaua‘i Coffee on Route 100;
• Kaua‘i Community College Performing Arts Center on Route 100;
• Pu‘u Road/Hokua Road on Route 30;
• Lihu‘e Gardens on Route 70;
• Lihu‘e Neighborhood Center on Route 70;
• Kaua‘i High School on Route 70;
• Hawai‘i Medical Service Association building on Route 70;
• Kapa‘a Middle School on Route 60.
All bus schedules, including the upcoming new schedules, are available on The Kaua‘i Bus website, www.kauai.gov/transportation.
Updated schedules will also be posted in bus stops, available to riders onboard, and at the County of Kaua‘i Transportation Agency office in Lihu‘e.
These changes are being made to improve operational and fiscal efficiencies of The Kaua‘i Bus as recommended by Kaua‘i’s Short Range Transit Plan, approved in 2018.
For the most up-to-date information, contact The Kaua‘i Bus at 246-8110, on Facebook at facebook.com/thekauaibus, or online at kauai.gov/transportation.
Source: The Garden Island