The Hawaii Fire Department said a propane tank at a home in the Panaewa neighborhood of Hilo caught fire Thursday evening, sending two people to the hospital.
According to a written HFD statement, nine units responded to the 7:01 p.m. alarm, with the first unit arriving at the house on Pohai Street eight minutes later.
Arriving fire fighters found the fire, which occurred in a propane tank in the home’s garage, already extinguished. No other damage was reported, and the scene was turned over to police for investigation.
The two injured individuals were taken to Hilo Medical Center in stable condition.
Source: Hawaii Tribune Herald